Monday, December 17, 2007

Victoire de Castellane



My college, Savannah College of Art and Design, is hosting the yearly SNAG Conference this coming spring. Due to this the studio is having a MAJOR uplift, right now the studio space resembles that of a ware house that a French mime power tool fanatic interior designer got a hold of. Still confused, thing of stark white walls, pure black accents, and seemingly out of place large power tools.

Enough of that, one of my favorite jewelry designers may be a guest to speak at the conference, Victoire de Castellane of DIOR Joaillerie. Right now it's just a rumor, but if it is in fact true. Hopefully, there will be an opportunity for portfolio reviews.

After the holidays, I and setting up a time line for the next three months, including the SNAG conference and portfolio reviews for potential jobs. Including, make two more lines of jewelry and finally setting up shop over at Etsy, along with setting up a home studio layout for Chicago which also includes looking for an apartment.

It funny, 6 months ago, I was talking about moving to Chicago with Rob, and it seemed so far away, and now I feel like I am running around trying to make arrangements, figuring out moving expenses, and tying up all the loose ends of my life here in Savannah Georgia.

Integrating into adulthood is some what of a tedious task, and I am not fond of it at all.

So much to do, and not enough time in the world to do it.

Update on my plushies, they are almost done, and I am actually happy by the way they came out. Now my new goal for 2008 is to teach myself how to embroider, and apartment search in Chicago.

No comments: