Thursday, October 18, 2007

The First day of creativity.

This blogger is my new toy. Even though I have surfed the World Wide web since the early 90's, have posted a many entries on LiveJournal ofAngst teenage drama, I finally come to the conclusion to try and get myself on a creative whim again, and get a more mature form of blogging. So good bye LiveJournal, how I knew you well.

To start off, an introduction.

I am a metalsmith by trade, studio technician by night, procrastinator extrodinaire, and soon to be graduate of SCAD with a B.F.A in Metals and Jewelry. 24 year old Female that lives in the south but soon will relocate to my city of choice, Chicago, but originally from the southwest. Ferret enthusiast with a now lovable trio, Hannah, Pixal, and Marcel du Champ who used to be a quintet ( I lost two ferrets this past month, a bonded pair, Asuka and Mr. Flaco).

So I guess this would be my design blog? I really don't know if that is the proper way of classifying it, but it's the best that I can come up with right now. One of the new ways of passing time in my busy schedule is reading up on my favorite blogs on Google Reader (which is amazing and time saver of awesomeness) sites such as Apartment Therapy, Moco loco, and Design Sponge.

Back to creativity. I started to keeping up my DeviantArt account for metal smithing, I always feel that I will always be drowned out by the countless anime fanatics that flood the pages of DA. Granted I could spend hours on end going threw entries, favorite-ing pieces hoping that people will favorite mine to get more exposure, but face it, I'm a bit busy for that so here I am on Blogger.

What this site will be a place for me to show off my work, finshed and in progress as well, things that I find interesting ( no viral videos, that is why we have sites like ebaumsworld and YouTube), generally a creative blog of design and art.

At least that is my intention.

No comments: